2016 Polo GTi air conditioning

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
1coulthard
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTi

2016 Polo GTi air conditioning

Post by 1coulthard »

2015 polo gti - every time you start the car windscreen steams up. Been in garage twice, both times they can't see anything wrong, but have topped up air con! Any advice? Thanks
Rob1471
New
Drives: Polo Gti 6c

Re: 2016 Polo GTi air conditioning

Post by Rob1471 »

I have the exact same issue with mine. Every time i get in it steams up, especially on a cold morning. Takes ages to clear the screen if sitting stationary.
Fox1429
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Post by Fox1429 »

Yep
Me too!
I've had new Fabia, Ibiza and Polo's in the last 5 years and all have been atrocious when it comes to condensation inside as well as de-misting. Think it's a common problem with Vw brand.
Robby71
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Golf R-Line EVO

Post by Robby71 »

Have you checked the pollen filter to make sure it's clean/ dry?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I have always my a/c all the time on my Polo GTI and previous cars and haven't had this problem you and some others have experienced.

As well as a dirty or damp pollen filter being a possible blue cause, damp carpets / mats, carrying damp coats in the car, leaking door / sunroof seals or blocked sunroof drainage pipes can cause interior condensation or misting up.
bennyboy
Bronze Member
Drives: old 6r GTI , now 6c GTI

Post by bennyboy »

I've never had this issue for as long as I can remember with owning cars , but I never use the air con , just the normal fans/ blowers.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

bennyboy wrote:I've never had this issue for as long as I can remember with owning cars , but I never use the air con , just the normal fans/ blowers.
Worth running your air con at least once a month to stop the seals drying out and the system developing leaks.
yorkshire devil
New
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.8GTI

Post by yorkshire devil »

I run mine all the time its the only thing that demists to car quickly. Thats when I notice its not working when its cold
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

1coulthard wrote:2015 polo gti - every time you start the car windscreen steams up. Been in garage twice, both times they can't see anything wrong, but have topped up air con! Any advice? Thanks
Not a GTI but same car, my wife's August 2015 Polo 1.2TSI 110PS SEL, has, as far as I know, only done this once ( a week ago), and that was after driving maybe 5 miles - stopped to shop for 10 minutes, back into car, started it up, the lower area of the windscreen immediately misted up to a height of maybe 6>9 inches, I switched on the AC and it disappeared quickly! Too many Skoda Fabia owners have been complaining about this since the latest Fabia was launched, some thing must be wrong with the cabin ventilation in these Fabia/Polo/Ibiza models - also there seems to be too many complaints about the general "quantity" of warm air being supplied even after the temperature indicator is up to the normal level! I have to accept that my wife is correct when see makes this comment, I tend to deliberately switch the cabin fan off until the coolant temperature is up to normal running level - normally the windows stay clear up to this point with only two of us in the car.

Her Polo has Climatronic or whatever auto air con gets called in these cars.