Central locking please help me!!!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Pedro1995
New
Drives: 1.9 SDI 9N

Central locking please help me!!!

Post by Pedro1995 »

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum. I have a 1.9sdi polo 53 plate. When I got out of my car last night I definitely locked the car, I got in this morning and it was unlocked, then I went out and got back in and it was unlocked. I went to a friends locked it got back in it and both driver and passenger side locks those things that stick up was going up and down like mad it did it again later on in the day, I locked it started to walk away and heard it unlock now about a week ago I noticed that the internal buttons for locking and unlocking the car had stopped working any ideas what this could be I don’t no a great deal about cars but this is stressing me out.

Another question I have is the driver side indicator keeps blowing .... any info will be much appreciated!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Central locking please help me!!!

Post by alexperkins »

Check the wiring between the door and the body on the drivers side. The wires are prone to breaking over time
vlad.tudose
New

Re: Central locking please help me!!!

Post by vlad.tudose »

Are all the switches smooth when you press them? Have you left the windows or doors open while it was raining outside? Water or dust could have got in.

Take door panels off and check all electrical connections in the door. Careful not to break the clips although they are inexpensive to replace if you do.

Clean all connections with electrical contact cleaner and check the condition of all the wires.