Team Heko wind deflectors

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Team Heko wind deflectors

Post by l3rady »

Has any one here fitted team Heko wind deflectors front and rear onto their polo?

I attempted to fit them today to my GTI and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the clips you push in afterwards to push in like the way they do in all the video installs. Because of this the clips don't sit tight and are visible from outside the car

It seems to me that the channels in this polo where the glass closes into is very shallow and these clips expect a deeper crevice to fit into.

Anyone else had this issue?

For now I've left the clips out but worry a good gust of wind and the rear deflectors will just fall out on the highway.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Team Heko wind deflectors

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe take a look over on the Skoda forum as this problem turns up from time to time as it seems that Fabia owners do like to use these deflectors. (www.briskoda.net)
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

I wasn't able to find anything from other forums but I reached out to Heko and a week later they finally responded and suggested when there are shallow frames to put the clips in at the side instead:
klipsy montaż boczny clips.JPG
I will give that a go tonight and report back.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Does anyone have a link to where they bought their wind deflectors from please? I'm struggling to find anywhere other than Heko own website, thank you very much
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Wind deflectors really spoil the lines of the car - unless you're a smoker, it baffles me as to why people would fit these.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:15 am Wind deflectors really spoil the lines of the car - unless you're a smoker, it baffles me as to why people would fit these.
Have to agree - it’s not a look I like so I wouldn’t fit them to my car. That’s just my opinion though, and there’ll be those who do actually like the look of wind deflectors on a car.

Some deflectors are poorly designed and create extra wind noise, and they can also impede the operation of electrically folding door mirrors.

If I want a cool cabin, I don’t drive with my windows open - my air con provides the cooling effect. Some would say that using the air con has a negative effect on fuel consumption. However, fitting wind deflectors and having the windows open would create air turbulence and increased drag, so that would also have a negative effect on fuel consumption.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ for fuel economy and wind noise considerations - if you're below 30mph, leave the window open. Wind noise will be low and air con efficiency will be poor.

If you're above 40mph leave the window closed and put the aircon on to cool down. Wind noise will be high on an open window above 40mph and your aircon will be more efficient. Aircon energy consumption shouldn't be any higher than open window drag losses, especially if you use AC with the recirculate button.

30-40mph? Not much in it either way.
Noonoo632
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 polo sel 115ps

Post by Noonoo632 »

I had these on my last car and they were good, a Seat Leon but decided against them because of the shallow channel and also because my son got his stolen from his Polo gti. The thief just pulled them out of the windows front and back leaving clips in situ and caused no damage to the car thankfully
Noonoo632
Getting There!

Post by Noonoo632 »

MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

SRGTD wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:40 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:15 am Wind deflectors really spoil the lines of the car - unless you're a smoker, it baffles me as to why people would fit these.
Have to agree - it’s not a look I like so I wouldn’t fit them to my car. That’s just my opinion though, and there’ll be those who do actually like the look of wind deflectors on a car.

Some deflectors are poorly designed and create extra wind noise, and they can also impede the operation of electrically folding door mirrors.

If I want a cool cabin, I don’t drive with my windows open - my air con provides the cooling effect. Some would say that using the air con has a negative effect on fuel consumption. However, fitting wind deflectors and having the windows open would create air turbulence and increased drag, so that would also have a negative effect on fuel consumption.
Unfortunately it's not my choice at the moment, I wouldn't normally be looking to get them but as a driving instructor we are told we now have to have windows open/air flow at all time, rain or shine.
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

Noonoo632 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:26 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183458751872 for anyone interested
Thank you for the link, sadly they don't post to my location, I will continue to look, thank you.
Noonoo632
Getting There!

Post by Noonoo632 »

MilgeS wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:05 pm
Noonoo632 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:26 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183458751872 for anyone interested
Thank you for the link, sadly they don't post to my location, I will continue to look, thank you.
That surprises me that they don't post to your location!!
Noonoo632
Getting There!

Post by Noonoo632 »

Noonoo632 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 pm
You could also try www.micksgarage.com who do them as I got my last ones from this site
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

It's quite common for me, we're classed as an offshore Island, we either get charged a fortune or no delivered here at all :-(
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

Noonoo632 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:32 pm
You could also try www.micksgarage.com who do them as I got my last ones from this site
Thank you for the link again, sadly out of stock, I'm thinking I'm not actually meant to buy these :-D