Retrofitting App Connect near impossible

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
F17ANT
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.0

Retrofitting App Connect near impossible

Post by F17ANT »

I guess I'm going to go with an aftermarket stereo and try to find 1 that looks OEM. This is the reply I got from hazzydayz after asking if I supplied a unit could they remove the component protection and reinstall app connect.

"Hi Antony,

Sorry we get lots of technical inquiries.

Just checking this with the tech team, so if a Unit is installed ie from E bay that has not been unlocked as it were, then after approx 8 hours, the Bluettooth, Navigation, Voice control and Apple car play will block, all that works is the radio.

So in theory you will end up with a expensive Radio.

As a idea we offer the Genuine upgraded units for the MK7 Golfs, these are £1095+vat - £1895+vat depending on unit and screen. The Golfs run a very similar system to the Polo's so this would be similar, but we can price this up if you wanted to go done the Genuine route,"

Seems like nobody wants to touch it if the unit isn't unlocked or if they didn't supply the unit :cry:
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: Retrofitting App Connect near impossible

Post by Dink »

Do they mean component protection or the FeC codes?

As if it's the later then they are talking b*******s.

It seems that no vw retrofit company knows how to do the FeC codes and just seem to think that the only way to do it is start with a brand new unit.
F17ANT
New

Post by F17ANT »

Dink wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:32 pm Do they mean component protection or the FeC codes?

As if it's the later then they are talking b*******s.

It seems that no vw retrofit company knows how to do the FeC codes and just seem to think that the only way to do it is start with a brand new unit.
I think you need to buy the software and start doing this for us 😁

But ye I think they just talking crap so I can buy a new unit which would be easier for them. The first vw coder I spoke to did say its possible but would be around the £500 mark to get it done
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

You cannot buy the software.

It's all controlled by vw all of the vw retrofit places have to go through vw.

The reason i said the latter was b*******s was because i had my unit in my car for well over a week after having component protection removed.

You have just the radio but once vw re enabled all the FeC's it came back to exactly like the factory fitted except it has the app connect option in the menu.
spacewalker
Bronze Member
Drives: Just a VW

Post by spacewalker »

F17ANT wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:44 pm I guess I'm going to go with an aftermarket stereo and try to find 1 that looks OEM. This is the reply I got from hazzydayz after asking if I supplied a unit could they remove the component protection and reinstall app connect.

"Hi Antony,

Just checking this with the tech team, so if a Unit is installed ie from E bay that has not been unlocked as it were, then after approx 8 hours, the Bluettooth, Navigation, Voice control and Apple car play will block, all that works is the radio.

As a idea we offer the Genuine upgraded units for the MK7 Golfs, these are £1095+vat - £1895+vat depending on unit and screen. The Golfs run a very similar system to the Polo's so this would be similar, but we can price this up if you wanted to go done the Genuine route,"

Seems like nobody wants to touch it if the unit isn't unlocked or if they didn't supply the unit :cry:
what radio you talking about ?
Post link / picture
F17ANT
New

Post by F17ANT »

spacewalker wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:35 am
F17ANT wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:44 pm I guess I'm going to go with an aftermarket stereo and try to find 1 that looks OEM. This is the reply I got from hazzydayz after asking if I supplied a unit could they remove the component protection and reinstall app connect.

"Hi Antony,

what radio you talking about ?
Post link / picture
Was going to swap my existing unit Part Number: 3Q0035820A as it does not support app connect

Got this one below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Q0035842C-G ... SwRs1dowWX