Wiper intermitent not working.

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Aybesea
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 9Ns 1.2 AZQ 2003 Reflex Silver

Wiper intermitent not working.

Post by Aybesea »

Well car passed MOT 3 days ago.However this morning went to use the intermitent wiper switch and it did not work,so at the mo i only have normal and fast speed,i normaly have 5 positions for intermintent and none work.
So could this be a relay /control modual or the switch it self .i am not sure how to test these obviously the relay is easy replacement but what about the switch and CM.
Plus would a fault like this show up as a OBD2 P code on a scanner for the CM.
Any info would be appreciated.
Aybesea
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 9Ns 1.2 AZQ 2003 Reflex Silver

Re: Wiper intermitent not working.

Post by Aybesea »

Found out the problem seems the bonnet was not shut down properly,all working now,strange that the wipers intermitent are connected into the wiring for the bonnet (must be a micro switch somewhere)cannot see the reason for that.If they had a warning light on the dash then i could understand it.
Zeno
New
Drives: 2004 Polo Twist 1.2 12v manual 73k

Re: Wiper intermitent not working.

Post by Zeno »

No intermittant wipe
Post by Zeno » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Decided to remove the wiper motor as it has started making a clicking sound on the up movement, and also to clean out the drain holes.
After stripping the mechanism, greasing, putting it all back together I set about testing the system without the arms for its parking position.
I decided it would be ideal to set intermittent and watch the rotation of the spindles, no intermittent wipe, but ok with normal fast and single sweep.
I decided I must have somehow spiked the electronic delay module as no joy at all with intermittent and resigned myself to a car with no intermittent wipe.
The following day I searched the web for Polo 9n loss of intermittent wipe and found a post explaining that VW design the wipe system to isolate the intermittent wipe when the bonnet is up :o :?.
I can confirm that this post was right. My intermittent wipe does in fact work with the bonnet down and the clicking sound has gone. :roll: