GPF delete GTI 2023

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Sherlock
New
Drives: GTI 2023

GPF delete GTI 2023

Post by Sherlock »

Hello,

I'm new here and i have a question about a GPF delete on a 2023 Polo GTI,

I have a 2023 Polo GTI, the sound I have now is very boring and I would like more sound! I had the center silencer removed but it doesn't do much! Now I want to have the GPF removed and install another downpipe! I'm just wondering about warranty and maintenance? If I send the car for maintenance and it receives an update, do I have to have the GPF written again?

Is it perhaps also possible to empty the GPF? In any case, I want more sound, I didn't buy a GTI for nothing!

Thanks!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: GPF delete GTI 2023

Post by lancslad1985 »

My understanding is the GPF is like the dpf - it’ll fail MOT without it. You’d also invalidate any warranty you had.

I’m sure someone with more knowledge will be able to provide more information, but that’s my understanding.
Harrihealey02
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

The truth is that it will be difficult to pass an MOT unless you know someone in the business who will pass it regardless :roll: but like lancslad said, it will void the warranty etc.

If it is your own car and purchased out right then you should be able to do what you want to it (within legal limits) but if it is leased or financed, I would say it is best to leave it stock unless you plan on buying it at the end. You probably already know this but thought I’d add it.
Sherlock
New

Post by Sherlock »

Thanks for the reply`s!

Here in Belgium/Netherlands they are not so strict about that! They don't measure the OPF.

As long as I have a catalyst and the values ​​are okay, it's fine.

About the warranty, the car is now 4 months old, it would be a shame if I lose my warranty because of this!

Will I also notice a difference if I put a Milltek or Remus silencer on it, for example?
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

GPF delete comes with ECU modification. VW could use it as excuse to void your warranty (at least) for engine.
Sherlock
New

Post by Sherlock »

Yeah i already was afraid of that!

I have also seen that for some cars there is a module, which plugs into the original plugs and no ECU tuning is required. Hopefully something like this will come soon for the Polo GTI!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

In addition to the warranty implications highlighted by others in the posts above, deleting the GPF could also have insurance implications - at least it could in the UK.

In the UK, by deleting a component that would result in an MOT fail, a car would also technically be considered unroadworthy. Insurance is normally only valid if the car is in a roadworthy condition, so a GPF removal could give the insurance company an excuse to void the policy and not pay claims.
Sherlock
New

Post by Sherlock »

Yeah luckily in Belgium that is nog a problem! As long as the catalytic converter is on and the value`s are good it's no problem here! :)