Feedback from GT owners

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
dougmac
New

Feedback from GT owners

Post by dougmac »

I have put a order in for a Polo GT and hope to pick it up before the end of the year.

My previous car was a Focus ST170 which I reluctantly used as part-ex for the Polo.

I did not manage to get a test drive of the GT, so don't know what to expect really
as I have not driven a sporty turbo diesel before.

So any feedback from existing GT owners would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
rooboy
Silver Member

Re: Feedback from GT owners

Post by rooboy »

Not the GT, but I have a Fabia vRs which is the same car underneath. They are excellent to drive and will give the 170 a run for it's money through the gears. If it is anything like the Fabia than it will be well built and will pull strongly, even in 6th gear. A remap will give you 170 - 190 bhp and more torque than you will ever need. Mine has the traction light on at 50mph sometimes :shock: and still give over 45mpg with a thrashing.

You should be happy with it and your only real concern will be the space given you are movin from a Focus.
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

Hi mate. Focus ST170 and Polo GT - two completely different types of car.

I used to have an ST170 and after having a PD100 and driving a 130 and 150 TDI Golf I can say that if 0-60 is your thing the Focus will annihilate a lot of cars from a standing start. The Focus also has amazing handling.

But for real world driving, I.E mid range the GT will be blinding and return brilliant MPG at the same time, something we all know the ST170 didn’t do. You had to rev it to 7000 rpm for the best. Oh and you won’t have a vibrating accelerator pedal or need constant software updates! :lol:
dougmac
New

Post by dougmac »

Thanks for the response guys.

I have been told that it has been built and should get it before the end of the year, so looking forward to getting my hands on it now.

Have to agree with your comments about the ST170 Scorpio1.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6528

not owner feedbak... but this shows what it can smoke :lol: