bigger injectors?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
poussou
Bronze Member

Post by poussou »

Tuning a car means trying to maintain most of its features.

Even an engine change is really drastical.

You can try and put a 3.2 liter in the Gti too...

Does that make it a 3.2 Gti ????

Dont think so.

It more or less makes it a "bastard" car with an engine WAY too strong for what it can take.

At least for me tuning means improoving and not MUTATING... :roll: :roll:
cuprabaz
Getting There!

Post by cuprabaz »

poussou wrote:Tuning a car means trying to maintain most of its features.
You have no imagination my friend.

Fitting TB's to a GTI is tuning it. :? Other than a supercharger, turbo and Nitrous TB's are the only other way of getting big power out of the Gti engine!! :wink: Unless you can come up with anything else.....
poussou
Bronze Member

Post by poussou »

cuprabaz wrote:

Fitting TB's to a GTI is tuning it. :? Other than a supercharger, turbo and Nitrous TB's are the only other way of getting big power out of the Gti engine!! :wink: Unless you can come up with anything else.....
Trust me if i had no imagination i wouldn't have one of the few Gti's on aftermarket camshafts......

As for the above mentioned ways you suggested, a turbo fitting is really the easiest and (although it may sound weird) the "mildest" of the high performance mods you can have.

And you keep forgeting one thing my little forum friend.The Gti engine IS NOT MADE TO REV HIGH.

The main power gains from a TB engine is the high rev range.

And if you still dont get it, then i WILL explain to you how the AVY engine works....Don't think EVERYTHING is a 1.8T.........
mikegti
Silver Member

Post by mikegti »

I'm probably missing something here, but it seems like trying to make the polo gti into a rocket is like flogging a dead horse. As for 'mutating' a car - Poussou how did the camshaft change affect the drivability of the car? I'm just curious.
poussou
Bronze Member

Post by poussou »

Well its not just a camshaft change... :wink:

But anyway, imagine all gears going "one down"

That is 3rd gear now feels like 2nd used to feel, 4th like 3rd etc...
cuprabaz
Getting There!

Post by cuprabaz »

A standard ibiza engine (AYP) dies at 4.5rpm my silly forum friend. It's is only when you mutate the poor little thing it it pulls all the way(IHI turbo or the like).

As for fitting a tubro to a Gti being the easiest and mildest i very much doubt that, we have looked into all the options and out of the four i mentioned Nitrous IS by far the easiest. And for the mildest, well that all depends on too many factors.

At the end of the day if you've got enough balls and cash to tune(mutate) your car the way you want it you will get the results. 8)
poussou
Bronze Member

Post by poussou »

cuprabaz wrote:A standard ibiza engine (AYP) dies at 4.5rpm my silly forum friend.
Ahaha

Meaning ???

And who the hell is talking about an Ibiza ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even more....the AYP 1.8T type ??? :lol: :lol:

Dude...Get your facts straight....This is the Polo Gti forum....
Last edited by poussou on Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikegti
Silver Member

Post by mikegti »

poussou wrote:Well its not just a camshaft change... :wink:

so you dont get an 'all or nothing' effect on acceleration?
poussou
Bronze Member

Post by poussou »

mikegti wrote:
poussou wrote:Well its not just a camshaft change... :wink:

so you dont get an 'all or nothing' effect on acceleration?

Come again ???? :roll: :roll:
cuprabaz
Getting There!

Post by cuprabaz »

I was making reference to your comment about me thinking everything is a 1.8t and that the GTI engine isn't a high revving, i was pointing out the fact that the 1.8t (in my case AYP)is also a fairly low revving engine like the Gti. Sorry i should have made that clearer for you.

Facts straight about what exactly?? Explain please..

Polo Gti forum?? :? Really, you've got me on that one....
poussou
Bronze Member

Post by poussou »

cuprabaz wrote:I was making reference to your comment about me thinking everything is a 1.8t and that the GTI engine isn't a high revving, i was pointing out the fact that the 1.8t (in my case AYP)is also a fairly low revving engine like the Gti. Sorry i should have made that clearer for you.

Facts straight about what exactly?? Explain please..
Ahaha...

Dude..You have a forced induction engine!!! :lol: :lol:

The N/A engines make power with increased reving...NOT forced induction..

You are begining to sound a bit mixed up ?? :roll: :roll: :lol:

Did i explain that right ?? :lol: :lol:
cuprabaz wrote: Polo Gti forum?? :? Really, you've got me on that one....

Well its fairly easy actually....I'll try to explain but it MIGHT not work on you...

You see...There are sections in a forum.....

AND THIS IS THE ONE FOR THE POLO GTI..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How was that ??? Hmmmm ?? :lol:
Tigz
Gold Member

Post by Tigz »

poussou wrote:
cuprabaz wrote:

Trust me if i had no imagination i wouldn't have one of the few Gti's on aftermarket camshafts......

As for the above mentioned ways you suggested, a turbo fitting is really the easiest and (although it may sound weird) the "mildest" of the high performance mods you can have.

And you keep forgeting one thing my little forum friend.The Gti engine IS NOT MADE TO REV HIGH.

And if you still dont get it, then i WILL explain to you how the AVY engine works....Don't think EVERYTHING is a 1.8T.........

erm...

I think im missing something here.
Where are you getting your info from?
:shock:
The first thing thats done on the 1600 Lupo/Polo cup cars is have the rev limitter upped to 8krpm.

What is cams gonna do exactly?
You still have to do other mods.
Replacing the cams without better airflow and more fueling isn't going to give you much extra.

Why wont you have a GTi if you have a cable throttle, rather than flyby wire?
And replacing the ECU to an after market unit will meen its not a VW no more?

Theres four choices.

1. Transplant
2. Turbo
3. Charger
4. TBs

Your not going to get much more without any of these.
cuprabaz
Getting There!

Post by cuprabaz »

Tigz wrote:erm...

The first thing thats done on the 1600 Lupo/Polo cup cars is have the rev limitter upped to 8krpm.

Replacing the cams without better airflow and more fueling isn't going to give you much extra.

Theres four choices.

1. Transplant
2. Turbo
3. Charger
4. TBs

THANK YOU. :wink:
poussou
Bronze Member

Post by poussou »

Tigz wrote:
poussou wrote:
cuprabaz wrote: You have no imagination my friend.

erm...

Theres four choices.

1. Transplant
2. Turbo
3. Charger
4. TBs

Hmmm...

Sometimes i am really amazed by the lack of knowledge some of you people have....

And the worst part is you gloat in you ingorance....

So here it goes.....

1)Do you have ANY idea what are the limitations of a HYDRAULIC VALVE???Ever heard of VALVE BLEEDING???

2)The Gti engine is using drive... (not fly dude...this is not an airplane :lol: :lol: ) by wire, as most of the modern cars do, to minimize emmisions.This means it is an integral part of the engine managment and cant be replaced easily, at least not without sacrifizing viltal functions of the cars ECU.Oh...and of course you better put a sticker on your dashboard cause the check engine light will be on FOREVER.
To my knowledge the Leon race cars used a short circuit to fool the e- throttle, with the above mentioned consequences....But these are RACE CARS...

3)As for your suggestions, i really dont find anything new....Oh and another thing...Your..."simple camshaft change" as you say (which of course ISN'T) gave me 27 BHP increase AT THE WHEELS (Josh's car was RRed at ~100 HBP@wheels standard).Not every engine is the same....

As for cuprabaz...all i can say to you man is find a valve or a program to play with and leave the serious tuning to us N/A owners....
Oh...and get your facts straight...
:lol: :lol:
Tigz
Gold Member

Post by Tigz »

poussou wrote:1)Do you have ANY idea what are the limitations of a HYDRAULIC VALVE???Ever heard of VALVE BLEEDING???

2)The Gti engine is using drive... (not fly dude...this is not an airplane :lol: :lol: ) by wire, as most of the modern cars do, to minimize emmisions.This means it is an integral part of the engine managment and cant be replaced easily, at least not without sacrifizing viltal functions of the cars ECU.Oh...and of course you better put a sticker on your dashboard cause the check engine light will be on FOREVER.
To my knowledge the Leon race cars used a short circuit to fool the e- throttle, with the above mentioned consequences....But these are RACE CARS...

3)As for your suggestions, i really dont find anything new....Oh and another thing...Your..."simple camshaft change" as you say (which of course ISN'T) gave me 27 BHP increase AT THE WHEELS (Josh's car was RRed at ~100 HBP@wheels standard).Not every engine is the same....

A rolling road doesn't prove anything.
How was your tyre pressures that day? ;)
I take it if you are claimeing a 27hp increase (AT THE WHEELS - like you say, why I do not know, an increase is an increase) that you had a before an after on the same rolling road on the same day?
If not, Id keep that claims to yourself.
Other wise people may think you could be slightly mislead. :lol:
You cant judge your cars output with another car.
It doesnt work like that.

Drive/fly whats the diffrence.
Its the same thing!

You going to pick faults at everything said for the fun of it?

You keep going on about a check light?
Like I said, you have to change the ECU.
So you wont have a check light.

What are these "vital functions" of the ECU you will lose?

Do you know what an ECU does?

Fuel - Air - Spark

poussou wrote:1)Do you have ANY idea what are the limitations of a HYDRAULIC VALVE???Ever heard of VALVE BLEEDING???
Valve Bleeding?
Go on explain it to us.

:wink:

Think this will be intresting :lol: