Parts Request

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
RetroChrome
New

Re: Engine is....

Post by RetroChrome »

audi50 wrote:
RetroChrome wrote:SHG TW10 - do you know what engine the cars running?
Yea, know the engine. Thomas got it new. It is a 1,4 L(1400 ccm), 101 PS engine of the 16Valve Polo ( Modell 6NF).

I will take the same block for my projekt just new pistons and "drilling-opening" it to 1600 ccm.

Bought a racing ignition from Haltech. Its a big difference to the weber carburateurs.

Mike
How difficult is it to fit this new engine? - I've seen a few mk 1 polos with the same. I'm looking to change the engine in my polo from the 1100cc unit to possibly a 1300cc on webers. Any suggstions or alternatives?

Cheers!
Baldrimmer
New

Post by Baldrimmer »

audi50 wrote:
I will take the same block for my projekt just new pistons and "drilling-opening" it to 1600 ccm.

Mike
Still got a 1600 cc new in te box from VW lying around .. why dont u use that one ? New is always better then used .
Its for sale ..
Michiel86c
New

Post by Michiel86c »

Damn Baldie, youre everywhere! :D
Baldrimmer
New

Post by Baldrimmer »

Yes Michiel

I'm an international Polo slut .. :D
audi50
New

Post by audi50 »

Baldrimmer wrote:
audi50 wrote:

Mike
Still got a 1600 cc new in te box from VW lying around .. why dont u use that one ? New is always better then used .
Its for sale ..
Met him at Kaunitz last weekend. He's got a new engine. The 1600 ccm with 125 PS. The only original part on the car is the roof. Everything has been changed. I'm gald of having 3 perfekt typ 86 in top condition.

So, will go to HAMM to my tuner to finsih my aluminium front on my group H.

Nice day.

Mike