debadging illegal?

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

my fronts don't look that dark and they're branded tinted! But yeah, if factory 10% then can only have 5-10.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

yeh, to be honest 5-10% probably won't matter that much.

If you got stopped and the police said anything about them, I imagine if you just kicked up a fuss and preached aload of B/S like 'I've gone into alot of effort to get them under the legal limit, I've had light percentage tests etc etc' they'd probably just drop it.

No one can notice 5-10% with the naked eye.
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

^^ Very true.

Lol one of my mates got away with 40% tints all around :shock: never even been caught out; lucky git!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh it's all down to your area you live in, and the random mood the law are in when they see you drive past really.
shaun_polo
Getting There!

Post by shaun_polo »

i live in wolverhampton and my mom drives a 02 vectra estate sri 150 with limo tints on the back and 40/50 % on the front lol and neva been stopped
mk4mike
Bronze Member

Post by mk4mike »

don't quote me on this but i'm almost sure its somewhere round 17% factory tint
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Think it's down to the car you drive and how you drive it also! lol
mk4mike wrote:don't quote me on this but i'm almost sure its somewhere round 17% factory tint
Yeh that sounds about right
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

Mate put 20% tints on his motor and seeing his I doubt mines anywhere near that. They are factory tints for a 16v though as branded on the windows.

It is all down to what mood the coppers are in cos another used to run limo tints on his Alfa 146 and was advised against it. Never got stopped so I guess my areas a bit ok.
mk4mike
Bronze Member

Post by mk4mike »

wouldn't get away with limo tints here in hull mate 5.0 would be pulling you over every 5 mins. there always pulling modified cars over for no reason don't think they have anything better to do, maybe they should do some real police work like stopping drugies or stopping chavs beating ppl to death really does my head in we, pay our way and don't do nothing wrong so why should we be the ones getting pulled over all the time.
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

Think i'm lucky cos there's soooo many modded cars around East London, usually big boy toys so think they don't bother as much. Either that or the fact my ends is the most wrotten borough in London keeps them busy with real crimes!
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

NOZ the reason people with tints dont get pulled round our way is because theyre gangster, end off lol. Po know not to f**k wit us init hahaha.

Seriously though i have plenty of mates who cruise to southend and have all had theyre cheapo halfords tints ripped off the car at the scene so they do do it. Another mate had his taken from him in rush green near romford. So they are on it. Matter of fact id say they were bang on it. Which means i really need to get my rear tires sorted before i end up with a total of 9 points :?

Not good.
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

LeMeph wrote:NOZ the reason people with tints dont get pulled round our way is because theyre gangster, end off lol. Po know not to **** wit us init hahaha.
Thats kinda the reason why my boroughs the poorest, run-down borough in London (proven fact) and my address is in the 'referral' bracket for insurance :lol: gangsta!

I was gonna have tints fitted by Polimax the morning after I crashed my old polo so knowing the luck I have I don't wanna jinx myself so never will on this one. The :twisted: works in mysterious ways!