Alfa Romeo 15" Rims

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

iggy350 wrote:well the wheel is only 6j and where I live its not that advisable to go really low. I was thinking like 50 to 70mm tops. Cos at the bottom of my road theres a killer speed bump :( I was hoping that 195/50s would be ok what you guys think? If need be I'll get the 45's tho
195/50 will knock the speedo out and make driving a hassle in terms of speed camera's. At full lock the 50's will also rub. Secondly when I hit a speed bump at 20ish mph my rear 50's hit the arches and the cars not lowered just to give you an insight. So 45's will be the way forward.
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

polo-sib wrote:
iggy350 wrote:well the wheel is only 6j and where I live its not that advisable to go really low. I was thinking like 50 to 70mm tops. Cos at the bottom of my road theres a killer speed bump :( I was hoping that 195/50s would be ok what you guys think? If need be I'll get the 45's tho
195/50 will knock the speedo out and make driving a hassle in terms of speed camera's. At full lock the 50's will also rub. Secondly when I hit a speed bump at 20ish mph my rear 50's hit the arches and the cars not lowered just to give you an insight. So 45's will be the way forward.
not bothered bwt the speedo being knocked out, I had 17s on my car before and the difference is only noticable when ur hitting above 50 tbh.

Any you also have to take into consideration that if ur car is not lowered on 15's its not running on stiffend suspension so I'm gunna get some quotes between the 50s and the 45s if it turns out its massive i'll be goin wit hthe 50s, if its only like £20 i'll get the 45s
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

Well just ordered the 195/45s and they are £40 each with fitting and balancing So I'm pretty happy with that. I'll get them put on tomorrow when I take the rims to the shop. My Bolts and Suspension should also be here tomorrow so Looking at things realistically the car will be slammed Either tomorrow or Thursday, if my brother will give me a hand lol =D
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

Small update :)

Rims now have the new tyres on and I have recieved my wobbly bolts, Still no sign of the coilies tho :( need them tomorrow tho cos am off to Manchester and I wanna give the car a longish run to see what its like :P
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

where did you get your wobble bolts mate,,6n coilies are childs play to fit mate,,youll fly em on.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Where you getting your coilovers from mate?
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

Tim_GTi wrote:Where you getting your coilovers from mate?
Got them off the best Auction site in the world :) eBay hehe
R1CH wrote:where did you get your wobble bolts mate,,6n coilies are childs play to fit mate,,youll fly em on.
I found a dealer on Ebay again for the wobbly bolt, I phoned him up he told me the ones I needed and he sent me an invoice through Paypal and there you go Wobbly bolts for me hehe
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

iggy350 wrote: I found a dealer on Ebay again for the wobbly bolts, I phoned him up he told me the ones I needed and he sent me an invoice through Paypal and there you go Wobbly bolts for me hehe
Got the ebayers name or shop or something to get details/contact him by? If you don't mind me asking.
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

I reckon you should drop it 70mm and see how it is, if you face too many problems then just raise the thing! (only a bit :roll: ) You shouldn't have any scrubbage issues as they're 6J rims sitting on 45 profiles, should tuck in nicely.
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

polo-sib wrote: Got the ebayers name or shop or something to get details/contact him by? If you don't mind me asking.
The ebay sellers name is "cbeaney1" and you can contact them on 01795 427335 or email him at MAPS.LTD@BTINTERNET.COM and if you need to contact him at 12am then heres his mobile 07734408515 and if i remeber rightly his name is andy lol Dont think he'll mind all that info being on here as all the info is on his Ebay page anyways :)
Noz wrote: I reckon you should drop it 70mm and see how it is, if you face too many problems then just raise the thing! (only a bit Rolling Eyes ) You shouldn't have any scrubbage issues as they're 6J rims sitting on 45 profiles, should tuck in nicely.
Yea i'll drop it by that much take a few shots and see what you guys think of it :)
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

got any updates bud,,,quite looking forward to seeing these on..
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

R1CH wrote:got any updates bud,,,quite looking forward to seeing these on..
Aye the car is all done :)
It looks sweet, but wasnt able to lower the front all 2 much because for some reason the coilover bottom ring rubs on the tyres So I have to spin the all the way to the top near enough but the over all look is sweet in my opinion.

Also I took off the Polo and 1.6 badge at the back as well as the side strips.

So anyways here are is what it looks like:

I'll get some bbetter pics when its not raining hehe

Next job for the car is the back bumper what I have for it getting sprayed and fitted, THen on to the Exhaust :)
Josh_polo
Gold Member

Post by Josh_polo »

spacers ftw!!!

overall they look pimp!!!
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

Get some stretch if you'll ever get new tyres with the aid of spacers to give the car a wider/meaner stance.

I reckon you should shadow chrome them to suit the cars colour and then they'll be uber stunning. :idea:
iggy350
Silver Member

Post by iggy350 »

NOZ wrote:Get some stretch if you'll ever get new tyres with the aid of spacers to give the car a wider/meaner stance.

I reckon you should shadow chrome them to suit the cars colour and then they'll be uber stunning. :idea:
lol atm I'll jus leave it as it is hehe untill my credit card is paid off anyways haha :P But ill bear it in mind.