Wheel Spacers

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
lowfoon
Gold Member

Wheel Spacers

Post by lowfoon »

Is there anything bad about these spacers before I buy?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20MM-Hubcentric-W ... 2104wt_941
Jordy-6n2
Bronze Member

Re: Wheel Spacers

Post by Jordy-6n2 »

hubcentric so should be good!
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

looks good enough mate
I-Roo
Bronze Member

Post by I-Roo »

not really related to your question but i was wondering what spacers actually do? do they give you a wider profile?
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

I-Roo wrote:not really related to your question but i was wondering what spacers actually do? do they give you a wider profile?
hehe ... as they are placed between the wheels and hub the wheels would sit further out and therefore increase the overall width of the car from wheel to wheel
Silver Member

Post by 5509433 »

I always thought that having your tire or rim poke out under the arch was illegal?

Ive always been told that the arch has to be the point furthest out from your car..?
RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

5509433 wrote:I always thought that having your tire or rim poke out under the arch was illegal?

Ive always been told that the arch has to be the point furthest out from your car..?
dont quote me but i thought the tread of the tyre has to be under the arch, so u can get them to poke out and stretch the tyres as much as you want but the tread of the tyre cannot stick out past the arch
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

RS_GT wrote:
5509433 wrote:I always thought that having your tire or rim poke out under the arch was illegal?

dont quote me but i thought the tread of the tyre has to be under the arch, so u can get them to poke out and stretch the tyres as much as you want but the tread of the tyre cannot stick out past the arch
I am quite sure you are right because people use stretched tyres as an excuse to go over that problem
RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

i really need some spacers, but the wheels im plannin on getting are 8" wide, so il see if they need to be spaced after they are on. so hubcentric are the ones to get right?
lowfoon
Gold Member

Post by lowfoon »

RS_GT wrote:i really need some spacers, but the wheels im plannin on getting are 8" wide, so il see if they need to be spaced after they are on. so hubcentric are the ones to get right?
If your wheels are 8J them you most probably need spacers...

Hubcentrics are just one type of spacers, and most probably the best ones - plus you shouldn't need longer wheel bolts
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

lowfoon wrote:
RS_GT wrote:i really need some spacers, but the wheels im plannin on getting are 8" wide, so il see if they need to be spaced after they are on. so hubcentric are the ones to get right?
If your wheels are 8J them you most probably need spacers...

Hubcentrics are just one type of spacers, and most probably the best ones - plus you shouldn't need longer wheel bolts
Hubcentrics are the spacers you need (best once because they center themselves on the hub not on the nuts, which eliminates vibration and wheel unbalancing) but you still need longer bolts if they aren't built in with the spacers ... at least that was the case for me. and don't forget to use spigots for better alignment and fitments

and be careful how wide you go because I have 20mm on each side and it rubs with the arch even at standard height, let alone when I have people at the back!!
lowfoon
Gold Member

Post by lowfoon »

What's the spigot size required?
RS_GT
Gold Member

Post by RS_GT »

lowfoon wrote:What's the spigot size required?
inside is i think is 57.1 outside depends on wheel/spacer, looking at the spacers in your listing dont think you need any
dub6n2
Gold Member

Post by dub6n2 »

lowfoon wrote:What's the spigot size required?
if your alloys already have them you need not worry. but make sure you buy the spacers with the right hub size of an exact tight fit.
BIG RHYS
Gold Member

Post by BIG RHYS »

i got these :P they did the job heavy tho :shock: