BC's 6N2 GTi (WIP Thread)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
bstardchild

Re: BC's 6N2 GTi (WIP Thread)

Post by bstardchild »

Si_GTi wrote:bstardchild! Long time no see! I was quite surprised (and pleased) to see that you've popped back up on uk-polos :D
Ello chap
Si_GTi wrote:Car looks good - just as you've bought your black GTi, I'm about to sell mine :shock:
Damn couldn't you have put it up for sale 3 years ago? :lol:
MalakianCigaro
New

Post by MalakianCigaro »

Are you going to be using standard shocks with your new springs? I need to get mine lowered and I don't really want to spend too much, decent dampers & spring kits seem to start around £300 : :roll: has anybody used lowering springs with standard shocks? is it alright? Sorry to kinda hijack dude your thread dude.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

MalakianCigaro wrote:Are you going to be using standard shocks with your new springs? I need to get mine lowered and I don't really want to spend too much, decent dampers & spring kits seem to start around £300 : :roll: has anybody used lowering springs with standard shocks? is it alright? Sorry to kinda hijack dude your thread dude.
Done it on every car I've ever owned and lowered - no probs from my perspective - sure the original dampers aren't matched to the springs but it's the same as when you cut a coil of a std spring to get the car lower - it's no longer matched then :wink:
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Right fuel prices are getting daft so with a fair few jobs to do on the Gti I think I'm going to take it off the road for a while

Lowering springs (need collection and fitting)
RX2's need centres swapping from satin to gloss and a polish up as well as some sticky summer tyres
Cam belt kit
Passenger window doesn't work
Passenger wing mirror took a bashing in a car park recently and need replacement
Nasty buzzing from gearshift area at 60-70 mph neand centre console out

Seems like the best thing to do is do it all at once

There is however a few other drivers

This is my track car - Taken on a trackday in France in Febuary 2011

It's no longer on the road due to some modifications that fall foul of BIVA/IVA (I removed some rather large sections of steel from the bodywork to save some weight)

Effectively I've kinda cut the shell a bit so that's going to get me into a whole heap of hot water from an MOT perspective - but from a track perspective it's a well trodden route (Colin Chapman RIP started this process)

So now unfortunately it requires towing on a trailer to track days now so whilst its still 1250 kgs (more weight to be removed) by the time it's on a trailer the combined weight is going to make it highly iffy to tow it with a Polo

So make perfect sense to put one of my other cars back on the road for towing duties - a nice sensible diesel

I may be joking about the diesel bit as last time I looked it had a 4.4 V8 under the bonnet - I don't own a diesel.........

Awww what the heck might as well burn it while we can still buy it and the alternative plan was to put a towbar on a car with 3.6L and two turbos......
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Youll be suited like The Transporter next Ian :D
joe2612
Gold Member

Post by joe2612 »

The buzzing sound from gear shift area- does it stop when you hold the knob? Mine did this and i just WD-40'd all the gear stick linkages etc and its been dandy ever since.

Love the track slag by the way 8)
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

alexperkins wrote:Youll be suited like The Transporter next Ian :D
Unlikely - unless at a funeral and I've had my fill of that already this year
joe2612 wrote:The buzzing sound from gear shift area- does it stop when you hold the knob? Mine did this and i just WD-40'd all the gear stick linkages etc and its been dandy ever since.
Yeah I did try that but it doesn't stop when you hold the lever - it's coming from below the climate control area - I figure it's a clip or something lose on one of the cables
joe2612 wrote:Love the track slag by the way 8)
Yeah it's kinda fun for an old barge 3.0 24V straight six breathing thro triple sidedrafts - more induction noise than a BDA
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

I think this one will be up for sale shortly :(

It has always technically been "her car" and she wants a change after 10 years of Polos - can't justify keeping another car as I have way too many already :wink:

So as I've got it off the road for a bit I can transfer off her plate, change the cam belt, fix the passenger window that's stopped working and a few other bits and pieces like the buzzing from the gearshift - put 12 mths MOT on it and stick it on the bay of e unless someone on here is interested
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Sorry to hear its going up for sale mate, I hope you get a decent price for her.
eBay seems to be flooded with GTI's at the moment (most of which are not fetching reasonable money).
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Sorry to hear its going up for sale mate, I hope you get a decent price for her.
eBay seems to be flooded with GTI's at the moment (most of which are not fetching reasonable money).
TBH I haven't looked at prices - but I'll have a look over the weekend

I like the car but I can't find space to store another car that isn't getting used daily - cars don't like being left unused
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

I know what you mean mate, its always nice to have a few cars but they have to be used.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Spent all Monday cleaning it up.....

Now Provisionally Sold - just waiting for DVLA to allocate the original plate back to it :roll: