New BlueGT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
smurftech
New

Re: New BlueGT

Post by smurftech »

alexperkins wrote:Is your HTC one on the latest firmware update? If so, what version of Android is it running? Theres known issues with devices running 4.3 and Bury CC9060 kits (the TPK kit is that, but rebranded)
Thanks for the info,

No updates are available and it had an update to android 4.4.2 about 2 or 3 weeks ago, it was working same as normal after the update with the old citroen C3 bluetooth.

When I disconnect the TPK_Music module the RCD510 picks up the HTC One and then that re-connects to my phone every few mins (the 510 doesn't reset though, just the bluetooth connection)...nothing happens on my phone yet the TPK_Music module resets showing the VW logo every few mins or the 510 gives me an audio message that my phone is connected every few mins...

This has me stumped so far, my phone works in all other cars i've tried and the VW system work with every other phone i've tried - im unlucky here! (Will try another HTC One as soon as I can).
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

alexperkins wrote:The cable isn't present Unless it's fitted it just plays mono through the phone wiring
Thanks for this info, just googled the manual for the CC9060 and saw the following:

6 - AUX-Out connection
Stereo music is output at connection 2. Here you can connect the AUX-
In input of your radio (if existent) via adapters available at local retailers.
For the connection to the hands-free car kit, the adapter must
have a 3.5 mm stereo jack. Depending on the car radio, the other end
must be selected otherwise. If your radio does not have an AUX-In, you
can use the car CD/MP3 adapter from the BURY accessories programme
to enable the reproduction of music via your radio

Does this mean this cable is currently not present and there is a way to hook up the AUX-IN feature of the 510 and get good quality stereo playback from my phone (If I ever get it working correctly ofc). Will this stop the hands free from working correctly and will it affect playback from the MDI which I will be hooking a USB pendrive to soon?

Cheers
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Correct - there is no cable present

As i said earlier, get a 3.5mm cable and plug it into the control unit thats behind the RCD510 in the dash, then plug the other end into the AUX socket near the cigarette lighter

Then youll get good sound, and wont affect anything
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Hi All,

Currently drive a Mk7 Golf but had the option of the previous BlueGT and kind of wussed out due to the fact I do 24k a year. Can any of you lucky BlueGT owners tell me what kind of economy you're getting on long runs? I'm expecting the ride to be firmer than my golf, but how firm is it? I really want one but I'm concerned that I'll end up with a bad back like I had with my fiesta (low profile tyres, solid suspension and not an ST) and the fuel economy will be terrible.
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

lancslad1985 wrote:Hi All,

Currently drive a Mk7 Golf but had the option of the previous BlueGT and kind of wussed out due to the fact I do 24k a year. Can any of you lucky BlueGT owners tell me what kind of economy you're getting on long runs? I'm expecting the ride to be firmer than my golf, but how firm is it? I really want one but I'm concerned that I'll end up with a bad back like I had with my fiesta (low profile tyres, solid suspension and not an ST) and the fuel economy will be terrible.
The ride is more decribed as solid (compared to C3 anyway), firmer - yes, crashy - no.

Only 4 days in but i've averaged over 50MPG on my way to work everday (18 miles, 13 on the motorway in steady traffic doing between 60 - 70mph). Most of my motorway miles can be done in 2 cylinder mode where it's very econmical.

On the home journey I tend to 'hurry' more and get around 40 - 45MPG for the same trip.

Impressed so far as my C3 diesel did about the same MPG but it had to be thrashed to move forwards with any middling speed.

Having said all that, I have seen the Current MPG display '7 MPG' briefly when accelerating hard in first gear uphill...
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

alexperkins wrote:Correct - there is no cable present

As i said earlier, get a 3.5mm cable and plug it into the control unit thats behind the RCD510 in the dash, then plug the other end into the AUX socket near the cigarette lighter

Then youll get good sound, and wont affect anything
Gonna see if I can get VW to do this cable for me - it's a lease car through work so could ask the lease company to sort...

Still no joy with the VW TPK_Music / RCD510 combo and my HTC One. Tried a samsung galaxy S4 today and it worked fine, same android as mine 4.4.2...still scratching my head with this one, turned off advanced bluetooth options, tried phone calls only over bluetooth (no media), still no joy, the TPK just restarts every few mins...next thing I will have to try is stopping non essential running apps/services on the HTC to see if it something on my phone causing the issue.

Also read on another site about TPK_Music restarting after a failed address book import, it restarts to try again so this could be what is happening, I have changed my HTC to 1 contact list book only (from the phone - turned off gmail and exchange contacts), tidied up all the contacts that remained and removed duplicates - I will see if this fixes it when in the car later...fingers croseed :)

On a brighter note, just tried a 64GB USB with about 800 songs on it and works great using the MDI interface, much better audio quality than the C3 (I do tend to knock that old C3 lol)
Bit of a pain to get the full 64GB formatted as FAT32 but got it sorted eventually :D
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

smurftech wrote:The ride is more decribed as solid (compared to C3 anyway), firmer - yes, crashy - no.

Only 4 days in but i've averaged over 50MPG on my way to work everday (18 miles, 13 on the motorway in steady traffic doing between 60 - 70mph). Most of my motorway miles can be done in 2 cylinder mode where it's very econmical.

On the home journey I tend to 'hurry' more and get around 40 - 45MPG for the same trip.

Impressed so far as my C3 diesel did about the same MPG but it had to be thrashed to move forwards with any middling speed.

Having said all that, I have seen the Current MPG display '7 MPG' briefly when accelerating hard in first gear uphill...
Cheers Smurf. Just fancy something a bit sportier. I like the 2.0 tdi scirocco but it's quite a bit slower than the polo for similar quoted economy. I drive like a nun on the motorway (60-65) so I can blast it round at the weekend. Currently get 70mpg out my golf, so hoping it'd be possible to get high 50s out the polo!
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

Update!!

Found the issue with my HTC One and the RCD510 & TPK_Music bluetooth!

It was related to the phone book sync failing and causing constant restarts. After disabling 200+ gmail contacts and 350+ exchange contacts from my HTC phone book, the TPK_Music stayed connected for my 40 minute drive home, used the phone, all worked as it should :)

Not got to the exact problem - whether it was some contacts with multiple numbers / strange symbols or the contacts that were linked, I can't say exactly, but definitely phone book related.

Update 2:

I copied my gmail contacts into my HTC phone contacts (went from 40 to 270) and the issue has returned... I linked some contacts after merging so I will clean up phone book yet again to sort this out once and for all.

Quick question, will adding the 3.5mm cable to fix the streaming audio from my phone affect the MDI input in any way?

Also has anyone else got a leaky rear washer - trails of screenwash down the rear window every day - maybe the G force from the BlueGT accelerating is forcing it out the pipe... ;)
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

smurftech wrote:Update!!

Also has anyone else got a leaky rear washer - trails of screenwash down the rear window every day - maybe the G force from the BlueGT accelerating is forcing it out the pipe... ;)
My golf is the second VW I've had and both had a leaky rear washer, as does my fathers golf. Seems to be a VW thing - can't have everything perfect :wink:
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

smurftech wrote:
My GTI tends to leak out the back, not always when its been used either, for example when its been washed after the next journey it will have leaked all down the back, quite annoying, may have to take it to get looked at.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Glad you fixed the restarting problem

No the MDI won't be affected - it's just using the aux interface socket for the phone kit instead of plugging something else into it
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Maybe fit the 'proper' VW bluetooth, as the BlueGT has a highline cluster and you've got an RCD510?
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

vc-10 wrote:Maybe fit the 'proper' VW bluetooth, as the BlueGT has a highline cluster and you've got an RCD510?
This could be an option, got any more info on the vw system?

Just to update my htc one and tpk bluetooth issues yet again, i did have further issues after i thought it was fixed. Few hours testing this weekend with empty phonebooks and different settings ive discovered the problem. Its the 2nd access to my phone that the tpk system asks for, about my phones messages, if i say no to this everything works even with hundreds of entries in my phonebook. Anyway finally fixed it :)
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Various people on here have fitted it. It's the 'proper' factory fitted system, same one you'd find in the Golf 6 or whatever. This thread may be of use. http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/ ... 9658320d52

Edit: or alternatively, the Fiscon system. http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/products/fi ... p?brand=vw
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

vc-10 wrote:Various people on here have fitted it. It's the 'proper' factory fitted system, same one you'd find in the Golf 6 or whatever. This thread may be of use. http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/ ... 9658320d52

Edit: or alternatively, the Fiscon system. http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/products/fi ... p?brand=vw
Hmmm interesting, in theory this one should work even though it's for a Seat?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Alhambra ... 4897.l5659

It's part number 5K0 035 730 which I think is the right one...?