My New Polo Blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CiblueGT
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Re: My New Polo Blue GT

Post by CiblueGT »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:It's funny that not even the dealer can figure out that you have to use a hammer to install the exhaust trims. :D
:lol: :lol: My biggest concern was the bolts hanging out and the trims completely out of sync. :lol:
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

CiblueGT wrote:
Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:It's funny that not even the dealer can figure out that you have to use a hammer to install the exhaust trims. :D
:lol: :lol: My biggest concern was the bolts hanging out and the trims completely out of sync. :lol:
aaaah sorry. Didn't notice that. I thought it was the original ones whic is held inplace without bolts
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

They must have changed them, these ones had a clamp on, they slide over then you tighten the bolts. Hammers are more fun though.
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

CiblueGT wrote::lol: :lol: My biggest concern was the bolts hanging out and the trims completely out of sync. :lol:
Yes, those bolts are horrid. My tips didn't come with those, they just have internal 'one-way' springs to prevent the pipes being stolen. Those sill protectors look lovely, but unfortunately don't really protect anything much :(
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

TheFrog wrote:
CiblueGT wrote::lol: :lol: My biggest concern was the bolts hanging out and the trims completely out of sync. :lol:
Yes, those bolts are horrid. My tips didn't come with those, they just have internal 'one-way' springs to prevent the pipes being stolen. Those sill protectors look lovely, but unfortunately don't really protect anything much :(

Yeah I agree, the bolts look cheap. Im thinking my dealer ordered the wrong part, its really hard to hide the bolts. Im going to go back to him. Do you remember the part number for yours?
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

Scrap that, Ive found it 6R0 253 825.

Ive emailed my dealer and asked him to order the correct parts.
V12MSM
New
Drives: Polo 6R SEL

Post by V12MSM »

Looks superb
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

Hi all

Im having a bit of trouble with my dealer, I have given him the part number 6RO253825 and he says that the exhaust trim wont fit my car as it is from a GTI. Is he correct or is he fobbing me off? I explained that I got the part number from this site and I have seen pictures of the part on other Blue GTs but he said that they are different size exhausts. Please help.
saty
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6tdi

Post by saty »

They are the same, just go into the parts department and order them using the part number
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

It's explained in this thread: http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 56&t=59279
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

Thanks Guys, Thats really helpfull. I will let you know how I get on.
CiblueGT
New

Post by CiblueGT »

Hello all

Unfortunately I sold the polo today and I have changed for a Nissan Qashqai. We had a baby in December and the Polo quickly became too small. Its been really helpful being on this forum and Ive had lots of questions answered by you all. All the best for the future.

Kavan