anyone knows how to get this? (the little cap on antenna)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
New
Drives: POLO 6R SEL

anyone knows how to get this? (the little cap on antenna)

Post by 373981094 »

Hi, I recently bought a shark fin antenna (GPS, DAB etc..) and I am wondering does anyone know the name of the little blue cap that shows in the picture? Also where to get one? Thanks

Ok guys, thanks for your replies but I think there is some misunderstanding here so I think I should make it more clear. So basically I bought this antenna, part number 6R0035501D, It comes with base and mast but no blue cap, but I prefer to remove the mast and put something smaller on it so that it can look more like a shark fin, so, I am wondering if anyone has any idea what can I use to replace my mast ? ( I was thinking buy a blue cap somewhere and put it on the mast hole but now it seems to make more sense that the cap is just to keep the hole away from dirty during shipping! LOL)
Last edited by 373981094 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
grem
Getting There!

Re: anyone knows how to get this? (the little cap on antenna

Post by grem »

Correct me if I am wrong but I think you will find this is a protective cap and it is where your aerial is meant to screw in ? :?
New
Drives: POLO 6R SEL

Post by 373981094 »

grem wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but I think you will find this is a protective cap and it is where your aerial is meant to screw in ? :?
yes it is, it replace the mast and cover the hole that were for mast, I just personally think that way it looks better :)
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

but if you bought a shark fin it won't have the hole ??

you could try and find out the thread of the antenna and search for a blank plug
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

grem wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but I think you will find this is a protective cap and it is where your aerial is meant to screw in ? :?
Exactly. The blue cap is just to keep dirt from getting in the hole during shipping. It's ment to be thrown away when you screw the aerial in place. :)