Team Heko wind deflectors

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Re: Team Heko wind deflectors

Post by fazzy »

https://allegro.pl/oferta/owiewki-heko- ... 9307501027

here, try this link. This one is for two pieces. Fronts only. Price is a bargain compared to ebay.... and they ship to the UK.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

fazzy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:47 pm https://allegro.pl/oferta/owiewki-heko- ... 9307501027

here, try this link. This one is for two pieces. Fronts only. Price is a bargain compared to ebay.... and they ship to the UK.
Thank you very much
Aidan21
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Aidan21 »

I tried fitting them to my Polo but the clips were just not fitting so I just used adhesive pads.

Haven’t fallen out yet 😂
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

Aidan21 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:05 am I tried fitting them to my Polo but the clips were just not fitting so I just used adhesive pads.

Haven’t fallen out yet 😂
I'll keep this idea in mind, mine should arrive this week, how are you getting on with them, any regrets?
Sam R83
New
Drives: GTI+ AW

Post by Sam R83 »

6.png
I just didnt use the clips on the fronts and had no issues
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

Sam R83 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:59 am 6.png

I just didnt use the clips on the fronts and had no issues
Thank you for the photo and advice, they look great on your car, I have a Reef Blue R-Line and a white GTi+ so hopefully they will look just as nice on the white as the blue.
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

MilgeS wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:29 pm
Aidan21 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:05 am I tried fitting them to my Polo but the clips were just not fitting so I just used adhesive pads.

Haven’t fallen out yet 😂
I'll keep this idea in mind, mine should arrive this week, how are you getting on with them, any regrets?
Hello, I have fitted my deflectors and fronts are fine without clips as you say.
Rears are ok but clips almost useless, would you be kind enough to send me a picture of how you placed the adhesive pads please? Thank you
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

MilgeS wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:04 pm Hello, I have fitted my deflectors and fronts are fine without clips as you say.
Rears are ok but clips almost useless, would you be kind enough to send me a picture of how you placed the adhesive pads please? Thank you
When fitting the rears, only one side will take a clip at the rear and instead on putting in the top of the frame put it to the side.
I found the included adhesive pads no good and after a few weeks, the deflector was coming away. I fixed it by buying some double-sided tape and placing it all around the frame of the deflector that goes inside the frame of the window. I trimmed away any excess tape.

When you first roll up the rear windows you might find that the window won't go up as the deflector blocks the windows access. Slightly pull the deflector away from the window and roll up the window. once the window is closed it will apply enough pressure to make the deflector adhere to the frame. Also next time you open the window and close it, the deflector shouldn't get in the way.
Noonoo632
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 polo sel 115ps

Post by Noonoo632 »

Hi Everyone a word of caution on these.

I had these on my last car a Seat and they were great so I bought a set for my son who has a polo GTI and he had them on the car for about a year and a half. He came out of his flat recently and some low life had removed the deflectors by just pulling them out. No damage to car and clips remained in situ. I would recommend glueing them in as the channels on the polo seem very shallow to me.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Noonoo632 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:37 pm Hi Everyone a word of caution on these.

I had these on my last car a Seat and they were great so I bought a set for my son who has a polo GTI and he had them on the car for about a year and a half. He came out of his flat recently and some low life had removed the deflectors by just pulling them out. No damage to car and clips remained in situ. I would recommend glueing them in as the channels on the polo seem very shallow to me.
Is that really such a good idea? If someone tries to pinch them again, they'll damage the car in the process, and the dealer won't want them permanently fixed on at part-ex time.

I'd rather lose them with no damage than some damage.

The compromises that people are making in fitting these demonstrates to me that they're unfit for purpose.
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

l3rady wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:48 pm
MilgeS wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:04 pm Hello, I have fitted my deflectors and fronts are fine without clips as you say.
When fitting the rears, only one side will take a clip at the rear and instead on putting in the top of the frame put it to the side.
I found the included adhesive pads no good and after a few weeks, the deflector was coming away. I fixed it by buying some double-sided tape and placing it all around the frame of the deflector that goes inside the frame of the window. I trimmed away any excess tape.

When you first roll up the rear windows you might find that the window won't go up as the deflector blocks the windows access. Slightly pull the deflector away from the window and roll up the window. once the window is closed it will apply enough pressure to make the deflector adhere to the frame. Also next time you open the window and close it, the deflector shouldn't get in the way.
Thank you, I tried the clip on the end as I seen in an earlier post but it caught the glass slightly on the way up and I didn't like the sound of it (not that I open the rears too often).
I watched the installation video beforehand and I seen on there the fella slightly pulled the deflector outwards to allow the window to go up clear, I haven't found any issues with closing yet, I did as per instruction and left them up for an hour or more on first closing which seems to have done the trick.
I'll order up some clear/black tape and do as you described, thanks again for your help, much appreciated.
Aidan21
New

Post by Aidan21 »

Haven’t fallen out yet 😂
No they’ve been great, no rattling noises, fit is perfect apart from the clips. Can’t complain really
Aidan21
New

Post by Aidan21 »

MilgeS wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:04 pm

Haven’t fallen out yet 😂
Hello, I have fitted my deflectors and fronts are fine without clips as you say.
It would be quite hard to get a pic of the adhesive pads cause you can’t see them once they are in, but I just placed 4-5 strips on the small lip and placed them in and held them there for a little while.

Tested them by giving them a pull and I’d have to use quite a bit of force to pull them out, so definitely won’t just full out on their own. I’ll probably replace the adhesive pads in a few months just to ensure they stay in
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

Aidan21 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:01 pm
MilgeS wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:04 pm
It would be quite hard to get a pic of the adhesive pads cause you can’t see them once they are in, but I just placed 4-5 strips on the small lip and placed them in and held them there for a little while.

Tested them by giving them a pull and I’d have to use quite a bit of force to pull them out, so definitely won’t just full out on their own. I’ll probably replace the adhesive pads in a few months just to ensure they stay in
I've done exactly that on mine today and they will take a fair bit of pulling to get out, no chance of falling out. Thank you for your help, they have made a real difference to the buffeting sound with windows down that happened before fitting, been a really good purchase for the purpose I need them for, no need for me to shout instructions to pupils through my face mask anymore!!

Interestingly, I ordered another set for a colleague yesterday and just had a message from the eBay seller telling me not to remove them from the packaging until they have been faced up against the window to check length and curvature. Maybe there have been bad batches sent out before, I did point out that the clips were useless and that I had followed your advice and added some adhesive tape to my rear ones. I used Gorilla tape which is a little thicker than the Heko sticky stuff on the deflectors.

Thanks again for your help