VW optical parking system - fitting

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
s2go
New
Drives: Polo Beats MPI EVO 80 Red

VW optical parking system - fitting

Post by s2go »

:D Any recommendations of where I can get a VW optical parking system (front & rear) fitted on to a 2020 Polo. South East or Midlands area.
Thanks in advance.
Volkswagen_Polo_AW_Front_Rear_Sensors1-600x600 (1).png
Volkswagen_Polo_AW_Front_Rear_Sensors1-600x600 (1).png (64.04 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Re: VW optical parking system - fitting

Post by Mike222 »

Volksfit , has a Facebook page , nice man called Ed Cameron , in Worcestershire. Recently fitted very professionally! Rear view camera on my grandsons 2022 Polo
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

VW Retrofit Ltd (based in Redditch - postcode B98 9ND) have had some positive mentions over the years on various VW forums. I can’t vouch for them personally as I’ve never used them. They don’t specifically mention optical parking systems installation on their website but it might still be worth contacting them.

Link to website; https://www.vw-retrofit.co.uk/
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Just be aware that the cost will be very high, I retro fitted front parking system into my 2011 Audi S4 when it was 4 years old, I carried that update out as per what would have been done at initial factory build. I bought the controller, buzzer/speaker and correct replacement switch panel used, all sensors were bought NOS via ebay, mounting brackets were bought from a VW dealership, cabling was bought from Kufatec. On top of that I needed to buy the "same as factory" plug and socket for the front bumper cable, a kit of tools to punch, not drill out holes for the sensors, some reels of correct auto wiring and extra plug and socket contacts and crimping tools.

I took that job on as a small project to amuse myself and to get front parking sensors as that car came with rear parking sensors only, I also had VCDS so could change coding to suit this extra set of bits.

For any professional retro fitter, the cost of the genuine parts will still be very high and the hours of labour to built this into a fully built up car to an acceptable level will be high, so don't be surprised when you get a quote.

I don't regret any of the thinking/planning/worrying/fitting hours that I put into doing that to my car, luckily, going forward, this feature is being built into most models and not just the higher trim levels, so I wouldn't plan to buy another car without front and rear parking sensors.